Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Tonight in Turkey

My phone flashes "10% battery" as I frantically type with my thumbs from the top bunk of a dormitory at our hostel. (Don't worry mom, my phone is in airplane mode). Marina and Elica are nestled in their sleeping bags as we rest up for the adventure ahead. Our beds are on the fifth floor and surrounded by floor to ceiling windows, allowing us to see the dinner parties that scatter Istanbul's skyline. I glance to the left and see the rooftop of Hagia Sophia, that before was a mystical building that lived on the pages of my Jansen's Art History book in Art History AP but tomorrow will open it's doors and the dream will become real. Seeing the interior of this Byzantine masterpiece has been a goal of mine for nearly 10 years and tomorrow, I'll get to see it. Off to sleep for much needed rest...

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment