Thursday, June 03, 2010

Summer 2010 has arrived!

It has arrived! Summer 2010 that is! As I look at my calendar I see the planned adventures that lie ahead and I can only begin to imagine the spontaneous adventures that lie in the unscheduled hours of the day.

I believe that one of the most environmental things you can do this summer is to go on a walk with someone. Share the outdoors and breath of life. We can do a lot of our environmental work behind desks but what use is it unless we are going out and enjoying what we protect and work so hard to conserve. That is the precise reason that I reserve time during the year to lead with Backroads - The World's #1 Active Travel Company. We take our guests to the peaks of Glaciers and to the depths of Valleys, sharing what we know and hopefully inspiring the passion for the outdoors and traveling.
This summer, I am traveling to the desert of Bryce, Zion and the Grand Canyon to the heights of the Grand Tetons. I start next week and am heading to Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion National Park where I will be working there until the end of June. I can't wait for the adventures to ensue! I am working with some of my favorite co-leaders and am eager to get back in the field!

In July, I stop off in LA for a breather, then to New York and cap off the month by joining with some dear friends in the Virgin Islands, where we will be scuba diving and taking in the island breeze. I will then be stopping by SF for a Habitat Bike Challenge reunion because in August, I am off to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park, a place I have always wanted to see.

Getting my Open Water Certification in Los Angeles to prepare for the Islands!

Now for those of you who are thinking, what about Reel Green Media? In fact, Reel Green Media is still alive and kicking. In fact, in addition to Sustainable Sirens soaring, the company is going INTERNATIONAL this summer. We are covering stories and making productions eco-friendly left and right :) Books are being pitched, films are being produced and we continue to provide resources for productions who wish to incorporate eco-friendly production methods into production. Let's just say that "The 4-Hr Workweek" changed my life!

This year, I was inspired by a project that a dear friend took on called "Shoot The Poodle" (www.shootthepoodle.tumblr.com). For over 100 days now he has been taking a photo a day and posting them. I know that it has not always been easy to make the time to post a photo a day, but he has done it and it has provided many of us the opportunity to glimpse into his life even when we are hundreds of miles away. This summer, I am going to do my best to do a post a day. Whether it's a poem, a picture, a word or a story, it is my goal to stay connected with you and not to disappear. There will be days when I will be out of service or not have connection in which case I will have to double up on days, but I am going to do my best :)

Stay tuned here, on Huffington Post and on Serene Ambition!

No comments:

Post a Comment